Let me tell you what a crazy feeling it is to know that at any moment the phone could ring and our lives will be changed forever...I don't think I can get used to it! It is surreal really. Very exciting though! It hadn't totally sunk in yet that we are only waiting for a call that could literally come at any time until I got the news today that a fellow adoptive mommy and blogger got "The Call" after being in the Match Book for only three weeks! I am addicted to checking our adoption agency's waiting families site to see who's there and who is getting matched with little ones. I've been checking it more frequently lately waiting to watch our letter go live on the site (it did today! Yay!) and get so excited when other couples, especially ones I know, get put "on hold", usually meaning they've been matched. Today it really hit me...that could be us at any time!
I am perfectly aware and prepared that we might be waiting a very long time, and that's honestly totally fine with me. We aren't in a rush and are just enjoying life with our kids trying to soak in the last bits of being a family of four. We're having fun and know things will happen in God's perfect timing. Whether it's next week or next year, that call will be so amazing and we're just praying for patience while we wait!
On that subject, I mentioned in a previous post how I would be writing out specific prayer needs and asking you guys to join us in praying for them while we wait. We're at a point now where our child is most likely growing and our birth mom is making some really hard decisions, and both could use a lot of prayer right now. Our family has come a long way in a short time and now we are right at the brink of bringing a baby home and we could use some prayer as well! If you are interested in taking one or more of the prayer requests below and committing to praying for us, we would be so honored.
We are taking the next few weeks to pray for some specific things related to the adoption and would love it if our friends and family joined us! We would also love to hear from you if you are! If you want to take on one or even more of our prayer requests, thank you so much and please let me know so I can thank you! We believe whole heartedly in the power of being covered in prayer, and we want to cover our baby and his or her birth family in prayer right now as we get closer to meeting them. Here are some of the specific things we'll be praying for:
1. Pray for our birth mother. Pray she is safe, protected, and has someone in her life that can support her and love her through this really difficult time. Pray she is able to get the care and counseling she needs right now. Pray she'll have peace about the decisions she's making and wisdom to know which path to take. Pray she will be loved by others and she has or will find a good support system to help her through things.
2. Pray for our baby. Pray for his or her protection, safety, and health. Pray he or she will be carried safely through the pregnancy and arrive healthy and strong!
3. Pray that God will grant us total peace while we wait as well as when we do finally get that call. Pray we will know beyond a doubt when God brings "our" baby into our lives. Pray that He will give us wisdom when the time comes to make that decision, and total peace about the right situation for our family.
4. Pray for our kids to adjust wonderfully to this huge change! Pray they will continue to feel completely loved and important and that we will be able to transition them smoothly into having another child in the family.
5, Pray that God will provide the rest of the funds necessary for this adoption. We are so close, yet so far! We've come such a long way in such a short time, but there is still a ways to go! Pray God will continue to give us what we need, when we need it!
6. Praise Him for how far He has brought our family this year! We have had loss after loss, finally to be brought down the road to adoption. We are so grateful for what He has taught us along the way, and how He has so obviously written this story and amazed us so much. Thank Him that the adoption process has gone so smoothly when so many things could have gotten in the way.
Thank you so much for praying with us while we wait! Again, I would love to hear from you if you decide to commit to one of our prayer requests for the next few weeks!
Thank you so much for following our story. It seems like yesterday that I was writing the very first post announcing our decision to pursue adoption! We have come so far since then and God has been so incredibly faithful to our family. We're so thankful to be where we are, and we are perfectly aware of how blessed our family is. We can't wait to see what happens next! Thank you for being along for the ride!